All you need is max. 20 minutes to make this very easy one pot creamy kale-pasta.
Mr. F had been traveling all week and to be honest I am kind of lazy about cooking for myself but after dinner consists of hummus and chips two nights in a row I needed real food fast.
Quick and easy food is the best way to improve a lazy night in. Fast dinner is not the issue here because there are tons of options out there from the infamous ready out of your freezer meal (for desperate times), to take out and all the other shortcuts for whipping up a quick meal. The downside is that the quality and healthiness of those fast dinners usually suffers. Nothing says comfort food to me like pasta and while searching for the easiest way to cook it I stumbled over one pot pasta recipes.
one pot creamy kale-pasta
It can’t get easier and faster than that everything cooks in one pot (hence the name) and even the pasta cooks in the broth which is already the base for the sauce. After the pasta is cooked I simply add labneh for its probiotic properties, the tangy flavor and it makes the sauce so creamy. And I stir in a good serving of baby kale that wilts and adds texture.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ or 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 235 ml / 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth (more if needed)
- 57 g / 2 oz. pasta, fusilli or similar (GF if necessary)
- 3-4 heaping tablespoons labneh or goat cheese
- salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 85 g / 3 oz. baby kale
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-2 green onions for serving
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for half a minute but don't let brown.
- Add broth, bring to a boil and add pasta. Follow the package directions for cooking times. You should keep the pasta just barely covered with broth so add more if necessary (this will be the case if your cooking time is longer than 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in labneh and season with salt and nutmeg. You should have a creamy sauce but you can add more labneh or broth if needed.
- Add kale and parmesan and stir well. The kale will quickly wilt in the heat of the sauce.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and green onions.