These banana-peanut butter cookies are my “anytime” cookies because they are perfectly right at any time of the day. They are moist and chewy oatmeal cookies and also vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup… and they taste incredible!
Hey, friends! I am almost on my way to Chattanooga, TN and can’t wait to leave Atlanta for some time to relax. I found a lovely little place deep in the woods that will be our home for the next few days. It seems perfectly quiet but not too far away from restaurants and hiking trails. Besides cozy wool socks, bubbly wine, and my camera I also packed these banana-peanut butter cookies, at least what’s left of them. They will be my snack en route and my rescue cookies for breakfast and if I get lost in the woods…
banana-peanut butter cookies
Soooo I am just putting this out there, no other cookie is healthier than these banana-peanut butter cookies. They are refined sugar-free, whole grain and even the dark chocolate and the peanut butter are good for you. It’s also a great way to get rid of the last very ripe banana that no one likes. And the really good news, they are drop cookies and easy to make and bake.
- 1 very ripe bananas
- 80 g / ⅓ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 60 ml / ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 60 ml / ¼ cup milk (whole, 2%, or nut milk)
- 225 g / 2 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g / 3.5 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped or chips
- In a food processor, place all ingredients except the chocolate and pulse for a few times until everything is well combined but oats are just shredded and still visible. Add the chocolate and mix by hand using a rubber spatula until evenly distributed throughout.
- Preheat oven to 175˚C / 350˚F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop or two teaspoons, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared sheet then flatten with the palm of your hand. Bake for 14-15 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store cool in an airtight container for up to five days