Hey, guys! I made gluten free lemon-thyme yogurt muffins for you! Have you ever been told you can’t have cake for breakfast? The easy trick is to bake it in a muffin tin – you are welcome!
Sometimes my inspirations for new recipes come from odd sources like this lemon-thyme yogurt muffins started with the smell of my new hand cream. I am obsessed with hand cream and my new favorite one contains citrus and herbs and smells like something I would love to eat. So I grated the zest from the lemon and mixed it with the thyme leaves and those two flavors go together really really well. I could have taken the chicken path but hand cream looks like yogurt and… Anyhow long story short: enjoy!
lemon-thyme yogurt muffins
You do not need to use the mixer for this easy recipe for lemon-thyme yogurt muffins because they turn out better if you mix them by hand. These gluten-free muffins are moist and tender due to the olive oil, yogurt, and almond flour.
- 115 g / ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (0%)
- 200 g / 1 cup granulated sugar (white or light brown)
- 3 large eggs
- 80 ml / ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- leaves of 4 thyme sprigs
- juice + finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 120 g / 1 cup almond flour
- 120 g / ¾ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175 C / 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk yogurt, sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, thyme, lemon juice and zest and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add almond flour, brown rice flour, and baking powder and stir just to combine.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake muffins until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.