A delicious recipe for tender and moist blackberry-peanut butter muffins that are studded with fresh blackberries, sweetened with honey and made with oat and almond flour. You won’t believe these muffins are gluten free!
Greetings from my mom’s kitchen table (aka the world’s best place for chatter and food)! A few days ago I stepped into the plane from Atlanta to D’dorf in Germany and you won’t believe what they serve you just because you had to order a gluten free menu. We all know meals on planes are not known for being yummy anyways… I could spare you the details but it’s tasteless mystery meat on dry rice and it’s as bad as it sounds. I was lucky to survive on these blackberry-peanut butter muffins and red wine (both went surprisingly well together) .
blackberry-peanut butter muffins
The peanut butter and blackberry combination is spot on in these gluten free muffins. Thanks to the oat and almond flour, reduced sweetness and coconut oil, they are reasonably healthy too. These 1-bowl blackberry-peanut butter muffins are refined sugar-free and can be made dairy-free, that makes them a delicious snack and breakfast and they are also great for on the road.
- 4 large eggs
- 130 g / ½ cup peanut butter
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 60 ml / ¼ cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 120 g / 1 cup almond flour
- 100 g / 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100 g / ¾ cup blackberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk eggs, peanut butter, honey, oil, milk, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add almond meal, oat flour, and baking powder and stir just to combine. Gently fold in blackberries.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake muffins until tops are golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.