Cold drinks are essential for hot days! Sparkling iced apple tea keeps me hydrated and tastes refreshing.
I used to struggle to drink enough water throughout the day, I would just forget about it. That’s bad on its own but I also don’t handle warm temperatures very well. That is why it is all the more important for me to stay properly hydrated. I started trying to outsmart myself and it worked (not sure what this says about me).
First I had to make liquids available for me at all times. I use the big mason jars (1 liter / 1 quart) and made it a habit brewing tea every time I make coffee, therefore I have always an iced tea sitting in the fridge for me. I just add a few ice cubes and a straw and keep sipping while working.
Second I had to add a bit flavor, just water is not very sexy. So the iced tea worked great for me, I don’t add sweetener for a while now and don’t miss it anymore. When it’s time to change things up a bit, I add some mint leaves to my green tea or freeze a few lemon slices. This recipe for iced apple tea is my recent discovery and I love it.
sparkling iced apple tea
Foremost I can quench my thirst with this refreshing iced apple tea and then I can snack on the dehydrated apple slices. Win win! I added carbonated water for extra fizz and it gives this sparkling iced apple tea a mocktail vibe.
- 5 dried apple rings (about 20 g)
- 200 ml / 7 ounces boiling water
- 200 ml / 7 ounces sparkling water
- 2 lemon slices
- a few mint leaves
- ice cubes for serving
- In a heat-resistant glass (preferably 1-pint mason jar with a lid) add dried apple slices and hot water. Let steep for at least 20 minutes. Cover tightly, let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the apple slices, if desired.
- Add sparkling water, lemon slices, mint leaves, and ice cubes to the apple tea.