It’s about time for a summery peach melba cake. One of the best coffee cakes I might have ever baked (recipe is for gluten-free people and gluten eater- see notes).
I get it now why Georgians are so proud of their peaches – they are the best. Every year I can’t wait for them to show up at the market and I come up with flimsy excuses for another grocery run just to bring home more peaches. And they are back! I spotted the first ones and fell in love all over again with them.
peach melba cake
Every piece is loaded with juicy and sweet peaches and raspberries and it’s not too shabby below the fruit layer either. The batter has a nice vanilla aroma with a hint of warm flavors from the almonds and honey.
- 160 g / 1 cup brown rice flour
- 30 g / ¼ cup tapioca flour (starch)
- 120 g / 1 cup almond flour (meal)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 100 g / 7 tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 100g / ½ cup granulated sugar
- 50 g / 2 ½ tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 125 g / ½ cup + 1 tablespoon plain yogurt (whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 170 g / about 1⅓ cups fresh raspberries
- 4 medium peaches
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 190 C / 375 F and grease your 23 cm / 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl add flours, baking powder, and salt and whisk to blend, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer) add coconut oil (or butter), sugar and honey and mix for 1 minute.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Half the peaches and remove the stones. Cut each half four times, so you end with 10 slices per peach.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth top with the back of a spoon or spatula and top with the peach slices.
- Fill the gaps between the peaches with raspberries.
- Sprinkle with one tablespoon sugar and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a rack and cool completely before slicing.
There is more! I hope you’ll check out some more of my breakfast and brunch recipes:
☛ Wait! There is more. I hope you’ll check out some more of my cake recipes!