My recipe for an easy shaved and sautéed Lemony Brussels Sprouts Salad with sesame seeds, dill and yogurt dressing with a little spicy kick.
You can say I love Brussels sprouts, especially sautéed or roasted. Unfortunately, it’s time to say goodbye, they are a cold weather vegetable and we are very much ready for spring. These miniature cabbage heads, no they can’t deny their family, had been tasty and nourishing for us, they fought against cancer and helped lower our cholesterol.
This easy recipe for lemony Brussels sprouts salad tastes already a bit like spring. I sautéed the Brussels sprouts until caramelized and add a light citrusy yogurt sauce with dill. This makes it a flavor-packed healthy meal with a little spicy kick from the cayenne pepper. This salad is great as a side dish but you can also mix it with rice or quinoa to make it an even more filling main dish.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 150 g / ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- a small handful fresh dill
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. granulated sugar or honey
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt and sauté until brown. Transfer to your salad bowl.
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, dill, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt.
- Pour yogurt dressing over the sautéed Brussels sprouts and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve still warm or cold.