Roasted cauliflower with whipped feta-tomato dip is a perfect appetizer or side dish. It’s very easy to make and great for parties.
I am a dip and smear person, lover of hummus, guacamole, salsa and aioli – you name it. Unfortunately the vessels to transport these sauces into my mouth, are for the most part unhealthy pita chips (yum), nachos (also yum) and in best cases baby carrots (healthy but…). The plan behind my roasted cauliflower with whipped feta-tomato dip is the balance of healthy, creamy and flavorful. I have to admit my veggie of choice was determined by having this big head of cauliflower sitting in my refrigerator.
roasted cauliflower with whipped feta-tomato dip
The idea of roasting the florets was a very easy one. The dip was a several step decision, feta was first born, mayonnaise next. But we can’t continue like this, can we? Greek yogurt joined the party as the health officer. When the flavors jumped in, inspired by a pizza I enjoyed recently. The sun-dried tomatoes add depth and an Italian twist. I used the ones in oil because they are softer and blend well. I went easy on the garlic, vampire season is over and I didn’t want to scare any humans away, so add more if you dare. Add some parsley or other herbs, salt and pepper, whip it up and we are ready to dip.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 40 g / ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ handful Italian parsley
- 120 g / ½ cup Greek yogurt (0%)
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 70 g / 2.5 oz. feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 205 C / 400 F. Put the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and toss them with oil and salt. Roast 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, pulse the tomatoes, garlic, and parsley until chopped nicely.
- Add Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and feta and purée the mixture shortly. Season to taste and pulse once more, don’t process until completely smooth.
- Place the dip in a bowl and refrigerate until ready for serving.
- Sprinkle the roasted cauliflower with chopped parsley and serve with the dip.