Homemade is the best but boozy and homemade is even better. This cranberry-orange-cinnamon infused vodka is easy to make and great as a gift or to serve something special to your guests.
Yesterday was the first advent, it’s officially Christmas season! It’s the time we have to go through awkward company Christmas parties but furthermore, the time to invite family and friends and be jolly or whatever vodka does to you. For that reason, I had been making infused vodka like a maniac lately.
Why not flavor really great spirits, naturally? With fresh and organic ingredients you like. Cranberries are everywhere right now and they go so well with orange. I wanted to add a spice and the warm flavor from cinnamon works just perfect. This cranberry-orange-cinnamon infused vodka turned out bright red, with a nice balance of sour and just enough sweetness.
- 340 g / 12 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 60 ml / ¼ cup water
- 100g / 3.5 oz. / ½ cup granulated sugar
- 15 cm / 6-inch piece of orange peel
- 750 ml / 25 Fl. oz. vodka (40% / 80 proof)
- Place cranberries, water, and sugar in a pan over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cranberries will burst and become a sauce.
- Place orange peel in a large glass container with an airtight lid like a mason jar. Add the cranberry sauce and pour over the vodka. Seal the jar and shake well. Allow mixture to infuse for one week.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a large measuring cup. Transfer the vodka to a clean bottle and discard the cranberries.
- Use right away or let the vodka age for 2 or 3 months for a smoother flavor. I like to serve this cranberry-orange-cinnamon infused vodka topped with Champagne like a Kir Royale.