This roasted cauliflower-spinach salad with grapes and blue cheese is not just an easy recipe that happens to be gluten-free, it’s also the help you need to transition more smoothly from summer to fall.
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall,” as F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote in The Great Gatsby (I couldn’t agree more). I admit we are not there yet, but we are not that far away from those cold days either and I can already feel a kind of awakening after the temperature is cooling down lately. And I love it… I had been waiting for fall and I am confident summer will show up now and then with a few sunny and warm days. But for now, I enjoy the rain, my blanket and this comforting cauliflower and spinach salad with grapes and blue cheese.
roasted cauliflower-spinach salad with grapes and blue cheese
Lately, I have been in love with mashed cauliflower (I blame the butter goodness) but if you ask me roasting is the way to go (if I ever have to choose). This roasted cauliflower-spinach salad with grapes and blue cheese is fancy enough for guests but I love that it’s also great for a weeknight dinner! It’s healthy, comforting and more than satisfying but the greatest part for me is the short hands-on time.
- 1 head of cauliflower, the larger the better
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (for roasting)
- 1 tsp. fine sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. white Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (for the dressing)
- 50 g raisins
- 80 g fresh baby spinach
- 50 g roasted almonds, chopped
- 150 g red grapes, seedless, cut in half
- 100 g blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the cauliflower: preheat your oven to 230 C / 450 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets. Toss them with 3 Tbsp. olive oil and salt. Spread them out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing: stir vinegar, mustard, honey and then add the extra-virgin olive oil and continue stirring. Add the raisins to the dressing and let it sit until you are ready to finish the salad.
- Place the spinach in your serving bowl. Add the hot roasted cauliflower, almonds, grapes and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper and top with the dressing and raisins.