Usually, I can’t get enough marzipan into my desserts to satisfy my craving. This recipe for chocolate covered marzipan cake is just fine, decadent, rich and with a nicely balanced sweetness.
Yes, another marzipan recipe. Marzipan is my favorite fruit. Sounds nuts? It’s basically made of sugar and almonds and because almonds are the seed of drupes… According to this is marzipan a fruit, at least in my little world. That’s settled!
If you like this chocolate covered marzipan cake take also a look at these recipes:
- 200 g / 1 ⅔ cups almond flour
- 200 g / 7 oz. marzipan, chopped
- 110 g / ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 100 g / ½ cup granulated sugar (I used turbinado sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 50 g / 1.7 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped almonds
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 355 F and grease your 18 cm / 7-inch springform pan (a standard loaf pan works too).
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, marzipan, butter (melted and cooled!), sugar, eggs, amaretto liqueur or almond extract and salt and mix just until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil, if the cake becomes too brown.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then transfer from the pan to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil, brush evenly over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped almonds. This marzipan cake tastes even better the next day and can be stored for 5 days.