This is an easy and quick recipe for a refreshing apple-cucumber salad,it’s a little tangy and very crunchy and makes a great side salad or lunch at work.Usually, I would have a desire for soup and hearty meals this time of the year. The calendar says it’s winter but outside it’s warm and sunny, strange weather isn’t it? Don’t get me wrong I am not complaining, love it. A couple of days ago I splurged on tea, there is nothing more comforting than a cup of hot tea and a good book on a cold day. Since then the tea is sitting on my counter and I am not in the mood at all for hot tea, as good as it might be. Instead, I am making light salads. Like this apple cucumber salad. I got so much friendly feedback for the lentil salad with smoked almonds, sweet potato and goat cheese that I thought you might like to nibble on another salad as well. You and I still have to make up for the last holiday eat marathon, I can see you nodding your head… If not keep this simple salad in mind for the next spring or summer.
- 1 cucumber
- 2 apples (
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt (any will do)
- fresh dill
- Peel and cut cucumber and apples into fine slices or use your food processor or mandolin. Add to a bowl with the lemon juice, green onion and toss well.
- For the salad dressing;
- Add the remaining ingredients into a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour over the salad and stir well.
- You can eat this salad right away but it tastes even better after it sat around for two hours in the refrigerator. Makes a great lunchbox salad even the next day.